The aim of this party is to:
- An opportunity for all Farm School children to meet each other.
- A chance for all Farm School children ( especially those who stop during the Winter months) to enjoy the farm during the Winter for a whole day.
- Raise money to build our compost toilet on site.
On the day there will be a range of activities including:
- Farm School growing activities,
- Natural farm themed crafts,
- Creating and painting a new Farm School set of task stones
- Storytelling under the big old beech tree
- Puppet show 'The Winter Maiden'
- A Farm School mini produce stall prepared and sold by the children
- Cooking and sharing organic, and healthy lunch
- Announce Farm School alumni
- Making Farm School photo tree of the past two years, and much more J
What can you do to help?
Join us!!! Book your places for the party now! ( we’ve limited the tickets to our capacity– so don’t leave it too late please), also share with and invite your friends and family. If you can help us with preparing and running please let me or Emma Whittingham, Claire ( Gilson), Jenny and Matt Amesbury, Nadine schaefer who have all volunteered to help organize and run the day.
We need volunteers for the following:
- New Farm School task stones activity leader/ artist
- A cooking activity lead assistant to help Matthew Amesbury
- Farm School activities ( sowing and planting) lead assistant
- Mud Kitchen activity lead assistant to help Jenny Amesbury
- Crafts activity lead assistant to help Claire Gibson (herb pouches making/ ‘scarecorn’ making, etc.)
- Fire guards to stay near the fire for safety.
So looking forward to celebrating Winter with all of you!!
As you do your booking, could you please let us know how many people to expect for lunch arrangements.
The day will run from 10.00 till 3.00 pm. Children under 2 are welcome to join us for free, tickets are per child and include lunch and activities throughout the day. Free Farm School lunch and refreshments for volunteering parents on the day. For details please contact our volunteer coordinator Emma on firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us spread the word, and invite your friends and family to join us, so looking forward to celebrating Winter with all of you!!