Colcannon: An Irish Potato and Kale Recipe
Saturday, January 1, 2005 at 01:20PM
Filed in: Recipes
Half Pound of Kale
One sixth of a Cup of Chives
One sixth of a Cup of Milk
- Cook and mash the potatoes.
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop finely.
- Cook the chopped kale in salted water for about 10 minutes and drain..
- Simmer the milk & chives together for a few minutes.
- Beat the milk & chive mixture into the mashed potatoes, then the kale.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with butter.
Variations include substituting cabbage for the kale and leeks for the chives.